About the SD Central Service Society
SD Central Service Society Mission:
The South Dakota Central Service Society mission is to provide health care professionals with organized education in sterilization, re-processing, and materials management; and to provide opportunities for networking for the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
History in Brief:
The South Dakota Central Service Society was organized in September of 1988, and became affiliated with the American Hospital Association and South Dakota Association in March of 1989.
- To bring about close cooperation among Healthcare Central Service, Materials Management and other healthcare personnel in order to promote efficiency and communication in CS.
- To encourage and assist members to develop their knowledge, to increase their effectiveness, and to promote safe practices in CS.
- To provide a medium for the interchange of ideas and knowledge and to disseminate materials relative to CS and other health care issues.
- To provide a support group for members to enable them to grow professionally in the area of CS.
- The society has been organized exclusively for educational purpose as a non-profit organization. It shall not be used to benefit any member.
The Society shall hold at least one educational meeting per year, the Spring Educational Seminar and will host the SDCSS’s annual business meeting. The society Board of directors shall meet at least twice per year and other meetings may be held at the discretion of the Board members.
- Kimberly Wenzel, CST, BS, CSPDT, CRCST
- Gail Doyle, CST, CSPDM
- Heather Parsons, CRCST
- Bryce Hagenbuch, BA, CSPDT, CRCST
- Amanda Hayes, CSPDT, CRCST